[extropy-chat] Extropy #15 Timeline

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Mon Dec 8 14:09:39 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "JDP" <jacques at dtext.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Extropy #15 Timeline

> David Lubkin wrote:
> >
> > The nevers surprise me, particularly for "Two Century Biological
Lifespans."

> Apparently what they meant is we would go straight from lifespans
> shorter than two centuries to indefinite lifespans. (Drexler even gives
> 1967 for indefinite lifespan.)

Personally, I prefer 1953.
However, the real question is when will life expectance be extended by
medical technique to an equivalent of the 'singularity' ie when will life
expectancy be rising at >1 yr per yr? I'd say that would be around the 2020
mark.

Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millennium
http://www.theconsensus.org