[extropy-chat] Doubt and About

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 10 06:56:56 UTC 2003

> > Eugen, Eliezer and many others have specifically questioned
> > whether this list detracts from their serious interests elsewhere.
Harvey

> I reckon that's a good question... Do you think the Exi chat list
actually
> works as a sort of drug that steals our creative juices or something?
>
> Regards,
> Brett

Harvey, I see your point, but for some of us, the extrolist is
an idea bank, where both deposits and withdrawals are made.  I
know you are one who takes life very seriously, and we are lucky
to have such as these.  The chat list for me is more of a drug
that *creates* creative juices.  I know I am not making any discoveries
in life extension; most of us are not.  But having fun is itself
a life-extension device.  Thinking is a life extension device.
For my part I will root for the guys doing actual life extension,
and attempt to maximize fun while doing so.  {8-]  spike