[extropy-chat] Doubt and About

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 16:27:21 UTC 2003

--- Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
> Mike Lorrey wrote,
> > Rafal is right, and the "2,500" scientists you said signed
> > onto the Climat Change report were most definitely NOT all
> > climatologists, or even hard scientists. A lot of them were
> > sociologists, psychologists, and other people completely
> > unqualified to judge.
>
> I never mentioned 2,500 scientists or the Climate Change report.  I
> don't
> believe that petitions and voting are a means to scientific truths.

Well, you did mention that "Most reputable scientists believe that the
earth is warming and that humans are accelerating this" and you did
agree with the writer of the article that did specify a 2,500 figure
and the Climate Change report.

Unfortunately, it does not seem that the truth is with you today. We
now have a smoking gun that proves the non-anthropic origins of global
warming:
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mars_ice-age_031208.html

This study, showing that global warming is ALSO occuring on Mars, blows
all claims of anthropogenic global warming out of the water. What are
the odds, do you think, that two adjacent planets could BOTH be
undergoing global warming from entirely different causes? Pretty thin
odds, I would say, and I think that Occam agrees with me.

Especially if there is a solar cause to this, then Earth would be
experiencing four times as much warming as Mars would. In any event, I
think that the looters backing the UN report are going to have to
figure out some rather extreme method of blaming Martian global warming
on human beings.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark