[extropy-chat] Doubt and About

Wed Dec 10 19:11:42 UTC 2003

Mike Lorrey wrote,
> Unfortunately, it does not seem that the truth is with you
> today. We now have a smoking gun that proves the
> non-anthropic origins of global
> warming:
> http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mars_ice-age_031208.html

I agree with you 100%.  I am beginning to suspect that solar changes are
causing solar-system-wide warming.  You seem intent on proving that humans
aren't to blame, while I am intent on proving that global warming is
occurring.  Both of us can be right without contradiction.

I will gladly agree that global warming will occur whether humans are to
blame or not.  Do you now agree that global warming is actually occurring
and that we have to deal with the consequences of it?  Can we now accept
this fact and start figuring out what to do as the ice slowly melts, oceans
slowly rise, agricultural zones slowly shift, and coastlines slowly cover
our coastal cities?

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,