[extropy-chat] Global Warming (was: Doubt and About)

Don Dartfield twodeel at jornada.org
Wed Dec 10 18:59:42 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Kevin Freels wrote:

> Regarding the trend in global warming, I was wondering how MNT can be
> used to control climate and weather. Would it be in the form of a
> self-assembling heat-sink that could change into a giant magnifying
> glass? Or something else entirely? I'm completely ata loss here, but
> surely it could be done. Maybe if things start heating up and there is a
> ready possible solution in MNT, more funding would be available.

How about a self-configuring orbiting mirror, perhaps, that reconfigures
itself to reflect sunlight away from or towards the earth, depending on
our needs?  Or maybe one that directs additional sunlight to the poles to
specifically warm them and average out the global temperatures, which, as
Mike said, should calm down the weather.  Unless for some reason we WANT
big storms.