[extropy-chat] EU constitution collapses

scerir at libero.it scerir at libero.it
Sun Dec 14 07:35:04 UTC 2003

> > It seems to me obvious that you cannot
> > build a federation of (6, then 15, then 25)
> > very different states, having very different
> > histories (and reciprocal wars), populations,
> > religions, etc., starting  from the economy
> > and markets, Political issues come first .
> > The EU founding fathers knew that very well.

> On the contrary.
> What we definately don't need is a poor copy of the US with its centralised
> federal govt, which is what the EU is/was aiming for.
> Dirk

Ok I like Utopia, Fractal Europe, Flat Lands.
But I've also read Plato, Ludwig von Bertalanffy
(General System Theory), Wolfgang Weidlich
(Sociodynamics; Concepts and Models of Quantitative
Sociology). There are boundaries, there are limits.
You cannot do everything you want. Even within
spin-glasses theory that's impossible. You need
a strong, central, political power. We are humans,
not nano-items. And we are already fighting, in EU,
for the "buffalo mozzarella TM", or "Parmesan
cheese TM", or "Parma ham TM", or the "Gorgonzola
cheese TM", etc. etc. And imagine when Russia comes in.
We'll be 26 nations (languages, religions, economies,
military powers, populations, resources).

This morning Europe is a trinity. UK, France-Germany,
all the rest.