[extropy-chat] EU constitution collapses

scerir at libero.it scerir at libero.it
Sun Dec 14 07:56:00 UTC 2003

> On the contrary, all it prevents is a strong central government from
> forming, forcing the EU fascists to accept a more federalist structure,
> even a loose confederation. This is good news for the few states in
> europe that have hardwired protections for natural rights like France
> and Lithuania, and bad news for those wanting the power to challenge
> the US merely for the sake of challenging for power...
> Mike Lorrey

Yes Mike, I understand. But I ask: what else is Europe (I mean the present
theoretical "union" plus, virtually, the Russia) if not a direct, strong attempt
to challenge the US? Since Iraqi war here, in this Europe, we realized
we do not have any military power, and any real political power. Did you
notice that? For sure you did. And we are closer to those ... eastern countries.
s.