[extropy-chat] The end of work, the leisure society, and automation

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 06:37:05 UTC 2003

> > > ... I really *like* my job. My company is a really cool place to
work.

> ...R.Coyote:
>
> Obviously your not working hard enough!

Ja, we have been a fairly well-gruntled lot.  (Somehow, the
term gruntled doesn't *sound* happy, but I suppose it is,
being the opposite of disgruntled.)  For the last several
weeks, many of us have been eager to get to work each morning
to learn of the latest pratfall of our main competitor Booeing.
This morning it was a big Korean bribery scandal, Last week it
was the their CEO resignation, before that, shady dealing with
a pentagon brasshat, and before that industrial espianage on the
Europeans.  And of course I needn't mention the biggie before
that scandal broke, the sordid affair being so well known.

This would all be most entertaining except for two things:
First, I am a US taxpayer, and second, there has been some
very real and very permanent damage done by their dirty
dealings, from the corporate level, down thru the managers,
the secretaries, the janitors, all the way down to the lowliest
engineer.