[extropy-chat] The end of work, the leisure society, and automation

Tue Dec 16 08:33:28 UTC 2003

Spike wrote,
> This would all be most entertaining except for two things:
> First, I am a US taxpayer, and second, there has been some
> very real and very permanent damage done by their dirty
> dealings, from the corporate level, down thru the managers,
> the secretaries, the janitors, all the way down to the lowliest
> engineer.

Now you know how I feel when I audit corporations that lie.  It is not just
an example of the market increasing profits or feeling jealous of the
winners.  These frauds do a lot of damage and hurt other people.  They make
their gains at the expense of the company, the workers and the system.
Cheating goes beyond competitiveness.  It actually destroys value, defrauds
the customers (in this case the government), and is criminal behavior.  Such
activities are the antithesis of the free-market system.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,