[extropy-chat] PROG: Alan's APEX

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 18:52:33 UTC 2003

--- Alan Eliasen <eliasen at mindspring.com> wrote:

>    By the way, for those who bemoan Windows' lack of any useful
> programming utilities, system tools, file manipulation tools, shells,
> postscript processors, printing utilities, graphing utilities, text
> editors, etc., I've put together a pretty solid, mature CD of tools,
> called "The APE" (Alan's Programming Environment).
snip...
>    The description of the tools available is here:
> http://futureboy.homeip.net/ape/
>
>    Images can be downloaded from here:
> http://futureboy.homeip.net/apezip/

Downloaded the large version, APEX, last night and I must say that it
delivers a full selection of very useful free programs, and they are
all virus free, according to my latest updated McAfee. Good work Alan!

One thing I am wondering, though, Alan, can you give a list of what
programs have potential spyware issues, as a form of buyer beware awareness???

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey