[extropy-chat] Worst job

J Corbally jcorb at iol.ie
Sun Dec 21 03:46:09 UTC 2003

At 03:06 PM 12/20/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Message: 27
>Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:09:17 -0800
> >From: "R.Coyote" <etheric at comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Worst job
>To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
>
>Worst Job I ever had is a tie
>
>1: disemboweling thousands of  freshly killed turkeys on an assembly line by
>hand, occasionally some bone spurs would project like jagged needles from
>broken ribs, jabbing deeply into the back of my hand thus squirting turkey
>abdominal fluids under my skin, right through the rubber gloves, day after
>day in sweltering heat and humidity.
>
>2: cleaning a city parks latrine, where a supervisor would show up a bit
>earlier than I did every day that I worked, fill the toilet with paper and
>defecate copiously upon it then flushing it to overflow, forcing me to clean
>it up day after day. ( I HAD to have this job..) some people have a strange
>sense of humor (working for that city department caused my first impetus
>towards libertarianism)

Sounds nasty, and you didn't even get to meet George Michael.

Can't say that I've had a worst job really, just boring ones.  Some office
cleaning work.  Worked with my Father, he made driveway gates, aluminium
castings, security grilles, ornate lamps etc..  Basically anything you
could fabricate from steel.  Interesting if dirty work, but he's a hard man
to work for.  Short temper, runs in the family.

BTW, did you ever devise a way to get him out of his little "joke"?  Like
bagging it all up and dispensing it on the bathroom floor in his home? :)

James...