[extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Fri Dec 26 06:40:21 UTC 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 07:29:55 -0800 (PST)
Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You guys getting published are certainly doing your part on the
> propaganda front, no doubt. My ire is reserved more for the armchair
> extropians.

Wouldn't it be a sad world if you had no target at all on which to vent your ire?

> > What are *you* doing to help us establish what the Trotskyites would
> > call a Popular Front?
>
> I'm building the Free State. Don't you know that NH is the number one
> escape destination for people moving out of both Massachusetts AND the
> Bay Area/Silicon Valley??? Revolutionary Theory says no insurgency can
> survive without support from a sheltered base. New Hampshire is the
> place where transhumanists will be able to get trans'ed without luddite interference.

Exactly how does that follow?  The US is not exactly prone to honor state initiatives and decisions that goes against federal wishes.   If we are planning to secede then I suggest that Alaska, with its separation from the continental landmass, would be a far better choice.   Exactly how can we make NH significantly "sheltered"?

- s