[extropy-chat] NEWS: 'Tiger team' heads Beagle search

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 29 00:49:40 UTC 2003

J Corbally wrote:

Subject: [extropy-chat] NEWS: 'Tiger team' heads Beagle search

> >There is still no sign of life from the British-built Mars probe, Beagle
2.
> >All attempts to contact the lander with the Mars Odyssey craft in orbit
> >around the Red Planet and with large radio telescopes on Earth have drawn
> >a blank.
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3352521.stm
>
> >Scientists have now set up a "tiger team" to work through all the
possible
> >reasons for the lander's silence.

> Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks....

> Touchdown plus 4 days and still nothing.  I am _not_ liking this.

It is a bummer. But what's a "Tiger team" ? What do tigers have to do
with it?

BTW. I get that the Beagle 2 is probably named after The Beagle that
Darwin another scientist explorer was on.  But if I'm not mistaken a
Beagle is a breed of water-dog used for retrieving water-birds shot
while hunting.

Let's hope "tiger teams" solve problems better than water dogs fly :-)

Regards,
Brett