[extropy-chat] Spam

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Dec 30 15:51:16 UTC 2003

It’s puzzling, in most of the spam I’ve gotten recently they don’t appear to
be selling anything. The subject line may say something about sexual aids or
low interest rates but the body contains nothing but what looks like random
verbiage from some old encyclopedia or novel. I can understand putting in a
little of that to get around the filters but that’s all there is, on this
stuff there is no way they can make any money off me even if I was the most
gullible man on the planet because there is no product they are selling and
no way for me to send them money. It must take time and effort to send those
messages, why do they bother? I guess the new point in spam is not to make
money but just to send spam.

John K Clark       jonkc at att.net