[extropy-chat] Eugen's balcony

J Corbally jcorb at iol.ie
Fri Nov 7 23:06:53 UTC 2003

>Message: 15
>Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:09:55 -0800 (PST)
> >From: "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com>
>Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Eugen's balcony
>To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>

>[snip]
> > Eugene:
> >
> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&zoom=5&latitude=48.07078&longitude=11.61144
>
> > Chris:
> >
> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&zoom=5&latitude=37.36243&longitude=-122.0695
>

> > In any case, it ought to be good enough for someone to get driving
> > directions if they wanted to visit.
>[more snips]
>I hereby state in a loud voice -- *ONLY on the EXI list*!
>There are very few other places on the planet where you
>will get the contribution to the pool of knowledge that you
>can get here. It just blows me away at times.
>Robert
>P.S. and it would really be interesting if once the X-prize(s) were
>awarded and pseudo-space travel became reasonable and someone
>figured out when Eugen's birthday was if Extropes collectively
>determined to rain down cake on Eugen's location on such a
>date. I almost cannot imagine Eugen holding up a glass of
>champagne recognizing the cake streaking across the sky
>being forced to raise the cry of "incoming".

Interesting site.  I've managed to locate my street and pencil in my house
location on a saved copy of the map.  Not sure if there's a way to
show/attach it here, so you'll have to ask me for it :)

In the meantime, here's the overall view of my hometown.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?size=big&mapdata=8JWqc9HMpiYwb9zZYDFMrn3Q%2fSmwBrxHnJpYUafchV1f6hNN8WPY7sIyXiKgRNWcP14yHJv2aHAKoiNb6r4fm4L6YkdwfJOBqvKzd0xsXtN56jyZFFtXZzfepaqhQdZniAw4mCW7GK%2f75uirpkO55%2fIeVaNw7s5LCRvIdribdAebOl%2fEtuL%2f0dTFTkfBElN3hY9uZkxuU3d0FDSsHF0pYGVt7fk1APtHTZgjsDDk6%2f%2bxgyuZRfDvNDuMglxc%2bb%2bJqiDyYhbT3WzS8POptkyKVppYydKFLOAB8aijtfjoIZlTq%2fqEgQn%2fBQ%3d%3d

I'm located somewhere roughly in the location of the "N82"
label.  Actually, if you click on N82 and Zoom in, you'll pretty much find
yourself on my street.

No peeking, now.  I'm not decent.

James....