[extropy-chat] HISTORY: Solved & Unsolved Riddles

Fri Nov 14 07:51:21 UTC 2003

kevinfreels at hotmail.com wrote,
> OK. How about:
> After a generous amount of personal research, I have come to the
> conclusion that there were more factors involved than researchers will
> ever be able to find evidence for.

This is a lot more specific than merely saying "I believe".  What you just
said would be great if you actually did all that stuff.  However, I doubt
that you actually have done generous amounts of personal research leading to
your conclusion that the above statement is the answer.  I think you just
thought about it without any additional resources, and came to this
conclusion all by yourself.  In other words, you BELIEVE that the above
statement is better.  Why not just use the word?

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,