[extropy-chat] brain scans for racial attitudes

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 22:07:26 UTC 2003

--- James <james at lab6.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:22:18AM -0800, Mike Lorrey wrote:
> > I wasn't comparing racism to homophobia, I was comparing it to
> > homosexuality, which is claimed by liberals to be genetically
> caused
> > and not a learned behavior as a rationale for demanding equal
> rights
> > for gays, since they can't 'choose' to be gay or not.
>
> Just for the record, gay claims for equal rights are based on the
> idea
> that they are human beings like everyone else, and nobody has any
> business telling them what they can or can't do with consenting
> adults in the privacy of their own homes.

AND, just for the record, they claim that this behavior is genetically
based, not something they can just 'choose' to not do. The argument by
gay rights groups is that being gay is more than just a choice of
lifestyle, it is an innate, inherent, genetic part of who they are. I
am not disputing this claim whatsoever, no matter how it is supported
by science.

> Elsewhere:
>
> > the lefties will have to admit that racism is a genetic artifact,
> or
> > perhaps a diseease, just like homosexuality
>
> Are you just left-trolling here, or do you really think homosexuality
> is a disease?

Or are you the one who is trolling instead? I'll note that you snipped
the "or addiction" following the word "homosexuality". The disease
connotation was applied to the  "or addiction" part... trying to
instigate here or what? I certainly do not think that homosexuality is
a disease. Whether it is a genetic, developmental, or learned behavior
I have not the slightest clue, nor is that debate even part of what I
am trying to make a point about.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark