[extropy-chat] warmer weather = better wine

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 03:31:51 UTC 2003

> Fun post, inspired by the feeling of power, power to heal and fix
> things. Of course, by saying "this is not a problem, let's go ahead,
> we can fix it", you create a large responsability for yourself.

That's right, I am claiming global warming is not
a problem, but rather a solution.

Humans must take control of the weather on this
planet as soon as we can manage to do it.  (But
Im not sure we are quite there yet.)  Since we
humans are claiming that we *can* have an impact
on the temperature, we are now liable in a sense
if we fail to do so.  Right?

More humans perish on this planet because of cold
than because of heat, and certainly most animals
are colder than optimal most of the time.
Furthermore, even the global warming extremists
are claiming that the poles are warming more than
the temperate regions.  Whats not to like?  What
are we waiting for?

> Just an unrelated question, Spike: why do you hit ENTER at the end of
> every line (or am I misled?)? You can let the computer do it
> ya know :-)
>
> Jacques

Tis true, young people, I am so geezerly that the old
habits die hard.  I used to use a typewriter that
didn't even need electricity!  In college!  (Oy vey.)

Actually, the reason I put the returns at the end
of the lines is to make the text that I write
more compact than the text to which I am replying,
which makes it easier to distinguish in posts with
multiple replies and perhaps reduce misattribution.
Those greater than signs >> help, but the narrower
text helps more.

For the same reason, when I am offlisting to one or
two people, I write everything in lower case.  This
reinforces to the reader that the post is a private
communication.