OFFLIST Re: [extropy-chat] Libertarianism and the AutisticSpectrum (fwd fromfehlinger at un.org)

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Nov 21 16:06:29 UTC 2003

At 04:52 PM 11/21/03 +1100, Brett Paatsch wrote:
>OFFLIST
>
>Hi Natasha
>
>I am wondering if my first impression on what you wrote
>below was mistaken. If so then I owe you an apology.
>
> > Take Max's short piece in the newsletter.
> > Rather than address it in the vein it was written, it became
> > a bone of  contention for one group against another group
> > - which was NOT what it was about.  However smart, I
> > don't think this was because the content was highly provocative.
> >  I think it was because it was written by Max and some
> > used it to start labeling and making accusations.  This is a very sad
> > reflection of people's actions.  What political pursuasions were they?
> > (rehtorical)
>
>Were you refering to the brief discussions on the Exi list about Max's
>article or to discussions which I understand were lenghtier on the
>WTA list?  I assumed the later. I owe you an apology if you meant
>the former.

The latter.  No apology needed.

Same old mud slinging, same old "us vs. them," same old frozen neuron
connections, same old excuse for some transhumanists to push WTA down our
throats as being democratic, when it neglects to recognize the freedoms of
its members.  It's too bad because we do need an umbrella
organization.  I'm  much more inclined theses days to think that we don't
need an umbrella organization.  We simply need better communications, which
I belive can be accomplished by each transhumanist organizations - of which
there are many.

I must say, I am very depressed about this.

Natasha

>Regards,
>Brett

Natasha Vita-More