[extropy-chat] solution to identity theft

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 15:01:32 UTC 2004

> > Identity theft is said to be growing wildly
> > as sleazeballs displaced by cheap and competent
> > electronic surveillance systems look elsewhere
> > to make a dishonest living.
>
> You have no basis for this claim. Electronic fraud is up in
> general, simply because it's so easy, and because the networks are
global.

How is it done in Europe?  Do you guys have something
analogous to our SSNs?  (I did some genealogy a few
years ago and got back to an area in Eurpole where
about a third of the men were either Hans Larson or
Lars Hanson.  I would name my kid Holy Schlamoly or
Oy Vey, just to mess them up.)

Gene, how do Europeans do unambiguous identification?
Do you have credit card companies sending you a dozen
applications a week for easy credit?