[extropy-chat] gmail invitee thanks you

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 3 00:06:25 UTC 2004

--- "Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc."
<megao at sasktel.net> wrote:
> Thanks immensely for the invite.
> I've been loading a mobile office platform on gmail
> and redoing my website and
> blog in tandem.  Saves lugging a briefcase of
> documents  I might or might not
> need and saves getting a laptop for the road.

This is why I turned down the invite I got: I've
already got an email service that does this.  And
should that prove non-viable, I've got my own Web
server on which I can host whatever documents I want
for as long as I want, and anyone who knows the URL
can get 'em (which can be a good thing, so long as
one treats this as no more secure than a password: it
leaks or it doesn't, depending on who knows it and how
it's transmitted and stored).

Although...might it not also work to store the docs
on a USB keychain hard drive?  They seem to have More
Than Enough capacity for this application these days.
(I've seen ones offered with 2 GB, smaller than a
mid-sized swiss army knife.)