[extropy-chat] SUV's are killing their drivers.

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:45:08 UTC 2004

I'm not sure if this was a joke post or not.

But I think that cars are tools, and choosing an improper, unsafe tool is
non-optimal.

I equte SUV-defending with fat people who talk about glandular problems
while eating McDonalds. Of course fast food isn't necessarily the problem,
but eating it every day is unwise.

Just like SUVs have thier purposes, but no way should they equate for 25% of
US auto sales. SUVs kill their drivers and passengers because they are more
unsafe than comperable sedans. That's pretty simple analysis.

I'm not advocating a ban on SUVs, but currently SUVs have several major tax
incentives going for them. So effectively the gov't wants you to buy a
dangerous, gas-guzzling SUV and my taxes subsidize SUVs.

BAL