[extropy-chat] SUV's are killing their drivers.

Everitt Mickey evmick at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 20 02:27:10 UTC 2004

Matus wrote:

Which is why, as an extropian who is concerned about living a
long time, Id like to get a tractor trailer cab (cab only) and drive
around properly in that,

hmmmmmmm...actually "bobtail" is more dangerous....harder to
control...doesn't stop so well...tends to spin.

That's what I do.  Only I have the whole shebang.  Tractor and trailer.
Gross weight sometimes as much as 150,000 lbs.

I drive slower and careful...and pay attention to my surroundings....AND
i'm subject to ungodly addittional laws that would drive most people nutz.

But strangely enough....I feel much safer driving thru
....say.....Dallas...Houston....or any metro area...than in perhaps a
honda or a geo.

If....(big if...I don't own one...but the wife has a Pickup)...i ever
get an auto I'm thinking of a Hummer II.

If I had my druthers it'd be a Motorhome based on a semi as the
"mothership" pulling or carrying said hummer.

But that's another story..

EvMick (finally leaving the wastes of NewMexico and west Texas
bound....stopped in El Paso for supper)