[extropy-chat] Real Extropians don't drive SUVs

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 05:22:00 UTC 2004

>  Brian Lee
>
> ...SUVs or their greater consumption of road surface.

Thats a positive result Brian.  If more people drive big
cars, it encourages governments to build roads wider.  In
the next 20 to 50 yrs the world will progress to all
renewable energy sources, which will be more expensive
than the fossil fuels we now pump outta the ground, so
you can be sure cars will be smaller, lighter and probably
slower.  Then we will enjoy the legacy of good wide roads,
on which we drive our smirkmobiles with lots of luxurious
room everywhere.  Parking lots will hold buttloads of
small cars.  We will have great stories to tell our
grandchildren about how much fun cars use to be, that
sorta thing.  So we get some good stuff along with the
drawbacks.  {8-]  spike