[extropy-chat] BODY: What Strutting Modifications are Transhuman?!

ben benboc at lineone.net
Fri Aug 20 22:26:32 UTC 2004

I don't see that tattoos or piercings are any more significant to
Transhumanism than cosmetics or high-heels.

Personally, i don't even so much as wear any jewellery, but i am a
transhumanist. I do wear spectacles, though, and that counts for far
more, in my opinion, than a piece of decorative metal, no matter where
it's stuck on, or in. (Not that i'm saying that wearing 'specs makes you
a transhumanist!)

If somebody came up with a tattoo that was an active display, that could
for instance show a clock face, and keep time, i'd get one like a shot.
Not because it's decorative, but because it's useful. I'd love to have
the time tattooed on the back of a finger. Couldn't forget or lose my
watch, then!

To answer the question, though, it's not the modifications that are
'Transhuman' at all, it's your attitude.

ben