[extropy-chat] Singularity shoot-out on Slashdot...

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 02:36:43 UTC 2004

> Kevin Freels

> I was just reading an article in my newspaper that said that
> roughly 47% of US citizens can;t correctly point out England on a
world map.
> It was in an article titled "Are people too ignorant to vote?"

Yes, most humans are far too ignorant to vote, and yes
it is intentional, for the mainstream news media are
misleading the proletariat, not just in the US but
everywhere news media exist.  This thing about finding
England on a map is not a good argument however.  Regardless
of where you go on this planet, you still hafta go to the
same airport.  Any nation can trade with or make war on
any other country anywhere on the globe.  It makes no
where it is.  Secondly, they don't let US citizens vote
in England's elections anyway.  Thats how the war started
in the first place (the one that happened 230 yrs ago).

Point well taken however.  I am astounded daily at how
profoundly dumb our species is or is becoming.