[extropy-chat] Transhumanism mentioned in "Skeptic" re: cryonics

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Dec 8 15:56:44 UTC 2004

On 8 Dec 2004, at 16:33, Mike Lorrey wrote:
> At this point in time, I would say with confidence that those who don't
> believe there will be some sort of technological singularity are those
> who are being the most pseudo-scientific or un-scientific in their
> beliefs. The weight of evidence is just too signficant to think
> otherwise.

I think you miss the point. Belief for or against the singularity is
has nothing to do with the practice of science (at least the sort of
things scientists generally practice).

best, patrick