[extropy-chat] Re: John Wright Finds God

Eliezer Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Thu Dec 9 19:28:48 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey wrote:

> The list of things that science has not been able to sufficiently
> explain is very long.

And keeps getting shorter.  The blank areas of our map are not faithful
representations of blank territories.  Mystery exists to be conquered, to
be transformed into non-mystery.  This task is not accomplished by those
who, meeting the great dragon Unknown, sheathe their blades and bow their
heads in delicious submission.

> The human mind is at the top of that list.

*draws blade*
*lops top item off list*

Next!