[extropy-chat] Re: John Wright Finds God

Walter_Chen at compal.com Walter_Chen at compal.com
Fri Dec 10 00:19:29 UTC 2004

Interesting analogy!
So there is some cause-effect:
If you believe in something (such as God), you have higher probability to
get it.
If you don't believe in something (such as God), you have less probability
to get it.

> From: john-c-wright at sff.net
> Well, that is a strange question, for it is based on a strange assumption.
It is
> like asking whether, had you been kneeling in front of my beloved as I was
when
> I asked her to marry me, she would have chosen you for her bridegroom
instead of
> me. Marriage is not a matter open to experiment. The results, in one
sense, are
> not repeatable.
> Now, as I say, the experiment is not repeatable, but, like proposing to a
bride,
> there is a way in which these things are done. As in marriage, in this
case
> also, it is customary to start on one's knees.

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential of Compal Electronics, Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and destroy/delete the message. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.