[extropy-chat] Copycat Copycat

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Fri Dec 24 01:07:59 UTC 2004

spike wrote:

>Personally I think cloning your own cat a frightful waste of money,
>but it's not *my* money so IMHO the lady can do as she wishes.
>
>Regards,
>MB
>

>Keep in mind that when people do things like this,
>the money isn't actually *destroyed* but rather it
>merely changes hands.  In this case, that transaction
>is one I would welcome.

Precisely; it's not for us to say what someone wants to spend their
money on (is it any worse to spend $50,000 on a cloned pet than a
Lexus?).  Plus, let us remember that this can only be a Good Thing for
those of us who think that reproductive cloning is itself a Good Thing.
Dolly was the prototype that only ran on the test-track and the wind
tunnel. Little Nicky is the first production model; the production line
is still ramping up. I await the day we can visit a showroom.

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com