[extropy-chat] silent night

Mon Dec 27 01:35:09 UTC 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 1:44 PM, Adrian Tymes wrote:

> --- Harvey Newstrom <mail at HarveyNewstrom.com> wrote:
>> I find it hard to believe that in the history of that
>> market, nobody tried to analyze the data.  More
>> likely, I believe that  like me, nobody was able to
>> extract evidence of long-term predicitons.
>
> How many people were working on it, for how long?  And
> how much of their time was spent on it?  They may have
> had other, more immediately important things to do,

The Iowa Markets have been operating for over 15 years.  That's a long
time for a "proof-of-concept" demonstration to be unable to show
results, or to claim that nobody has even looked for results in all
those years.  On top of these claims, it is even more outrageous for
some people to reference this as "proof" of anything, when the project
itself insists that they have not documented any such evidence yet.

> Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I know it's hard to provide evidence of a lack.  But how long do we
wait before beginning to wonder?  After 15 years and still not having a
successful review, I am beginning to wonder.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC