[extropy-chat] silent night

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 27 01:55:59 UTC 2004

--- Harvey Newstrom <mail at HarveyNewstrom.com> wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2004, at 1:44 PM, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> > Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
>
> I know it's hard to provide evidence of a lack.  But
> how long do we
> wait before beginning to wonder?  After 15 years and
> still not having a
> successful review, I am beginning to wonder.

I agree that there is room for uncertainty.  But if
it's been 15 years and there really is no substance to
this, then why hasn't anyone published a disproof?
There appears to be neither proof nor disproof - and
both of those pieces of evidence should be taken into
account when trying to find the cause.