[extropy-chat] Giving robots a human face !

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 23:20:28 UTC 2004

Forget Janet Jackson being too real in real time or TIVo, as the robot
industry is concerned about revealing too much of a human thing - the face.

Borg builders debate benefits of machines looking too real
Tuesday, February 3, 2004 Posted: 11:57 AM EST (1657 GMT)
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/02/02/social.robots.ap/index.html

"The fact is, I will share much more evolutionary history, and hence, brain
circuitry and behavior, with my cat than I ever will with a machine
intelligence," he said. "The AIs we will be inventing soon will almost
certainly be the first true alien intelligences humans will meet." (Will
Wright, Sims Video Games)

Hu?

Natasha