[extropy-chat] FWD (SK) The Coming Climate Collapse

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Feb 8 00:56:52 UTC 2004

On Saturday, February 07, 2004 5:57 PM Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
wrote:
> The Lesser Dryas period was marked by
> a DROP in sea levels, as evidenced by
> the underwater sites found in northern
> europe of prehistoric communities built
> on stilts. If anything, the Netherlands
> should now be PAYING the US to pollute,
> if we have an Ice Age. They'll get more
> land and less need for dikes thanks to us.
>
> This report is more statist propaganda.

Hey, if you want lower sea levels -- or if anyone does -- remember the
proposal to flood the East African Rift Valley?  It's a fairly cheap
macroengineering project.  You just have to open up the part near the
Red Sea a little.  In fact, that can probably be done with a few well
placed conventional explosives and minimal excavation.  I'm sure if the
opening is widened just a wee bit, nature will do the rest...  Anyone
interested?

Later!

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorksBySubject.html