[extropy-chat] Eugen Leitl, you got Klez

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Feb 9 18:12:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:52:12AM -0800, Russell Evermore wrote:

> List administrator, please block all Eugen posts until such time as he gets
> his shots.

I'm using a well-debugged plain-text MUA, sign all my outgoing mail and run
more-or-less well-patched Linux for a specific reason. Either you're seeing a
forgery (and sent the message without checking the rich headers), or you
MUA isn't compliant with RFC 2015 -- which is a good bet, as you're running
a well-known malware vector, namely Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
It you're getting spurious virus warnings, it is of course also possible,
that you should get a better virus scanner.

If you'll see a good signature in a mail originated from 217.172.178.65 you
can assume the message is indeed from me (or that my machine has been
h4x0r3d, and the passphrase snarfed -- not impossible, but distinctly
less likely, than me unknowingly sending out Microsoft malware).