[extropy-chat] Religion: A discussion

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Wed Feb 11 00:52:33 UTC 2004

 (2/10/04 15:48) Robert J. Bradbury <bradbury at aeiveos.com> wrote:

>Of course this raises the question of whether or not it is extropic
>to even engage in a discussion about religion.  Can one ever hope
>to resolve the perspectives and achieve a consensus?

Well, IMO, it is certainly interesting and -potentially- extropic to discuss the psychology and sociology of religion, and consider the possibilities and merits of attaching social structures based on dynamic processes and self-organization in the place of the current religious structures. (Much in the same way we take advantage of the body's chemical receptors and design custom drugs to exploit them.)

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein