[extropy-chat] Religion: A discussion

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Feb 11 13:33:31 UTC 2004

Henrique Moraes Machado <hemm at br.inter.net> wrote:
>As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone in the high hierarchy of
>the church really believes in this creationist bs. It's just a
>political issue.

Not true.

Vatican astronomer shows his faith in science
"We get to know the creator by what he has created."
http://www.catholic-doc.org/miscellany/1999/0499astrono.HTM

Brent Neal:
>I can reassure you that they really are that scientifically illiterate

Hardly.

The Vatican Observatory and their world-class astronomy research:
http://clavius.as.arizona.edu/vo/index.html

--

Amara Graps, PhD
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it