[extropy-chat] DVD recommendations?

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Wed Feb 11 02:30:28 UTC 2004

I strongly suggest signing up with Netflix and heavily renting. If you
watch and return the movies relatively promptly you can easily get the
price per rental down to around $1.50 each. Then if you find some you
particularly like you can buy a permanent copy. Or if you want to break
copyright law you can of course buy a DVD burner and simply copy every
DVD you rent in order to build up a vast pirated collection. Another
advantage of Netflix is they generally have a much wider selection of
rentals than any local video store.

P.S. I find many commentary tracks to be quite lame, but the ones on the
Lord of the Rings extended edition DVDs were pretty good so far.
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/