[extropy-chat] gay marriage

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed Feb 18 14:52:09 UTC 2004

Kevin Freels wrote:

>   I have heard
>
>>that bonobo females are well known to do each other, early
>>and often.
>

> Yes. The males also practice masturbation and will also fondle each other.

I was boating in the Santa Barbara channel last weekend and we came
across two pods of literally hundreds of playful dolphins.  They raced
toward the boat as we approached and then swam alongside, clearly for
the enjoyment of it. My understanding is that dolphins copulate even
when the female is not in estrus, "for the social bonding benefits", and
sometimes up to seven times in a day.

- Jef