[extropy-chat] List of silly misconceptions

Major extropy at audry2.com
Thu Feb 19 02:09:49 UTC 2004

"Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com> writes:

> > I've heard that dolphins can be mean sons-a-bitches
> > too, but no firsthand knowledge.
>
> I've heard stories to this effect as well -- but it seems
> more like it is not so much being mean as being playful.
> E.g., lets play with this baby shark or baby fish, etc.

A is not likely to be well regarded by B if B regards A as food.
A is not likely to be well regarded by B if B responds as one might
expect when A regards B's young as food.

Fish (including sharks) are regarded as food by dolphins and sharks
probably threaten dolphin's young (though I do not know this for a
fact).

Sharks fear dolphins (for good reason).

For the rest of us dolphins are good neighbors given to playful pranks
like tossing you off your surfboard but definitely not "mean
sons-a-bitches".

Major