[extropy-chat] Attention Alcor Members of Arizona, help us stop the Stump Bill

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Sat Feb 21 23:03:50 UTC 2004

This is a very, very important issue. If this bill is passed it will mean that the powers that be, will have the authrority to regulate and refuse the renewal of license(s) to continue services. The same requirements that apply to a funeral establishment will also be required of Cryonic suspension facilities. As you know, the discrepencies in processes are substatially different between the two, thus it is easy to foresee that the understanding of terms will generate a divide in the future and with this bill standing, there will be no way for us to defend against any actions that may be taken in response to these variables. This legislation could threaten our rights to be suspended and the rights of those that already are in suspension. Since the hearing will be held on the 26th we need to act now. Please see the Alcor Legislative Alert webpage for contact info, that was in the original message sent to our list. My husband will be flying down to speak at the hearing. I on the otherhand need to stay home with the dog, but I am sending a written letter with him and will be sending it via the email links listed on the webpage as well. If you are signed up, are interested in, or just wish to protect the option of cryonic suspension, please help, as many voices as possible are needed. Thank you, Gina Miller