[extropy-chat] ex-tropical

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 22 21:37:08 UTC 2004

--- scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:
> Key findings of the Pentagon

> · By 2007 violent storms smash coastal barriers
> rendering large parts of the
> Netherlands inhabitable. Cities like The Hague are
> abandoned. In California
> the delta island levees in the Sacramento river area
> are breached,
> disrupting the aqueduct system transporting water
> from north to south.

On this alone, I can call this prediction set bunk.
Southern California has the money and the political
pull to, if its water supply is seriously threatened,
get that problem fixed.

> · Deaths from war and famine run into the millions
> until the planet's
> population is reduced by such an extent the Earth
> can cope.

And, of course, it's well known that the current war
and famine problems stem more from political causes
than carrying capacity.  I.e., if 90% of central
Africa's population died tomorrow, the survivors would
still have the problems of war and famine.