[extropy-chat] Re: White House To Seek Ban On Gay Sex On The Moon

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 22:32:32 UTC 2004

Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
--- The Avantguardian
wrote:
> *It's an evil plan by the Republicans led by the
> NeoCon fascists to distract the American public from
> those issues that ARE important like the economy,
> foreign policy, etc. It's no accident that they
> timed this so close to the presidential election.

 Sorry, but the facts show they didn't time this.
This is a reaction to something that was done without
their prior knowledge.

* I didn't mean that they timed it in the sense that it was premeditated, I mean they timed it in the sense that the Democrats had slipped up and they were exploiting it. The way a boxer would wait for his opponent to let his guard drop in order to punch him.

Besides, if they did time it, wouldn't it make sense
to do so in September or October? As it is, come
election time, the issue will have died down.

* Yes the issue will have died down but, win or lose over gay marriage, the Dems would have wasted all their precious campaign money fighting the battle. It is a form of economical attrition warfare in the political arena. Remember Bush has more campaign funding then all his opponents combined. He can afford to throw money at an issue that he doesn't have any real stake in. Whereas, since the homosexuals are part of the Dems constituency, they have no choice but to fight this battle. It's like in chess, he's putting the Dems in check with a pawn so that in order to defend against it they will have to give up their bishop. This wouldn't be so bad except that democrats don't have much more than a bishop and a few knights while the republicans still have most of their pieces in their war chest. Attrition always favors the side that has more.

The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."