[extropy-chat] GQ Magazine Interview - Biggest Hope for Immortality

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Fri Jan 2 19:35:50 UTC 2004

> 1. "What is the biggest problem about achieving immortality?"

The biggest problem is that it isn't a single problem.  You have to
remove all the causes of mortality in order to achieve immortality.
For extremely long life, you only have to solve all the systemic causes.

> 2. "What is the biggest chance, the biggest hope for immortality?"

For me, the answer is Aubrey de Gray's effort to Engineer Negligible
Senescence (http://www.gen.cam.ac.uk/sens/).  Aubrey seems to be
addressing enough of the disparate causes to push lifespan out a long way.

Chris
--
C. J. Cherryh, "Invader", on why we visit very old buildings:
       "A sense of age, of profound truths.  Respect for something

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
http://discuss.foresight.org/~hibbert