[extropy-chat] GQ Magazine Interview - Biggest Hope forImmortality

Hubert Mania humania at t-online.de
Fri Jan 2 20:24:06 UTC 2004

Damien:

> It's a shame the word `senescence' isn't known to most people, but
> maybe it will spread as the idea gets better known.

I especially like the German version "Seneszenz". It's a bit sharper and
sounds more final ("endgueltig").

And, of course, if you pronounce it with relish, you hiss and hit the word
"Sense" at the same time, which is the most important tool of Death,
"scythe" in English. As we use to say: "It's scythe now!" instead of
"That's enough!"