[extropy-chat] ImmInst Update

support at imminst.org support at imminst.org
Sun Jan 4 14:48:47 UTC 2004

CHAT: The Economics of the Singularity
***********************
What might happen when? Assistant professor of economics
at George Mason University, Robin Hanson joins ImmInst to
discuss how long-term trends in economic growth may reveal
a coming Singularity within this century.

Chat Time: Sunday Jan 4 @ 8 PM Eastern
More: http://imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=63&t=2601

SUPPORT IMMINST
***********************
As a member supported nonprofit organization, ImmInst
is totally dependent on the generous support of its members
to fulfil its goals and to reach its mission to end the blight
of involuntary death around the world.

We need your help in order to continue such projects:

1. ImmInst - Book Project:
The ongoing book project will provide a focus for what ImmInst is about.  The books will comprise essays by respected authors concerning the consequences of physical immortality. The first book will release within the next six months. http://www.imminst.org/book

2. ImmInst - "Why Die?" Conference:
Bioethicists, scientists and futurists debate the positive and negative consequences of extended human lifespans.  Participants will answer the question - how long should we live? The conference will be held in Atlanta in Oct 2005. http://www.imminst.org/conference

3. ImmInst Threats To Life Council (TTLC):
ImmInst's long-term global risk assessment and awareness initiative to save lives.  TTLC will create easily understood reports that will determine the most dangerous risks to human and posthuman life going forward. http://www.imminst.org/ttlc

4. Other Important Projects:
a.) ImmInst hosts an active discussion/research forum - http://www.imminst.org/forum
b.) ImmInst hosts a weekly online chat - http://www.imminst.org/chat
c.) ImmInst hosts the Infinite Females - http://www.imminst.org/if
d.) ImmInst host an archive of more than 80 original member articles http://www.imminst.org/archive/imminst_writers.php
e.) ImmInst reaches out to help other like-minded organizations:
http://imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=SF&f=142

We need your help in order to continue these projects.