[extropy-chat] The Golden Transcendence

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Tue Jan 6 21:20:57 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Broderick" <thespike at earthlink.net>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] The Golden Transcendence

> > He has a homepage - HE DOES NOT HAVE A WEBSITE (as far as anyone here
> > knows).
> > Can you understand the subtle difference? Can you now understand the
> > question?
>
> Website - A virtual location on the web. A URL that serves as the
top-level
> address of a Web site will be said to point to that website's home page.
> That page serves as a reference point, containing pointers to additional
> HTML pages or links to other Web site.
> www.conxion.com/technology/glossary.asp
>
> Home Page (or Homepage) - Several meanings. Originally, the web page that
> your browser is set to use when it starts up. The more common meaning
refers
> to the main web page for a business, organization, person or simply the
main
> page out of a collection of web pages, e.g. "Check out so-and-so's new
> Page." See also: Browser, WWW
> www.matisse.net/files/glossary.html
>
> Google is so helpful.
>
> I provided Mr Wright's email address. Perhaps he knows the answer.

Every time I come across someone like you I recall why I left Mensa 25yrs
ago.
You strike me as someone who likes to show how clever they are instead of
being willing to read between the lines and helping.
Right down to the trademark Mensa debating ploy of quoting a dictionary and
trying for a 'semantic win'.

Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millennium
http://www.theconsensus.org