[extropy-chat] Boredom in old age

Paul Grant paulgrant999 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:48:29 UTC 2004

I've already hit that point and I'm only 27.
The sheer amount of time spent in the pursuit
of work in the U.S. is ridiculous. Hell,
the Egyptians had it easier than us building
the pyramids :)  I'ld much rather see a healthier
schedule (4 days work, 3 days play)...  Its a pity
that the germans have succumbed to this stupid
mentality that you have to put in more hours at
work to be competitive.  Besides, where do you draw
the line, why not work 20 hours a day?  You'll be
that much more competitive.  I sometimes think I'm
the only that really despises a 40 hour work week.
Everybody else just looks at me like I'm crazy :)

omard-out

PS> you've hit the nail on the head; the only break
you get is 65+; at 65+ your health is starting to go.
so why not try working on improving you and your fellows
health...