[extropy-chat] Europanto

Mon Jan 12 19:44:07 UTC 2004

Spike wrote,
> As one who speaks no languages other than english,
> and with only very basic knowledge of Latin cognates,
> I *think* I can *almost* figure out what the writer
> is saying.  Tell me how close I get:

Totally wrong, Spike.  My words are much closer to the original than yours.
:-)

> > Sérafin,

Seraphim,

> > I trouve diese langue very bella.

I trowel disease languishing very bellicose.

> > I pense I will scrivere poésie in quella langue from nun.

I, pansy, I will survive the posy in quelling the league from the nun.

> > I suggest nous sprechen diese langue on extropy-chat exclusivement.

I suggest noun-spreading diesel leggos on extropy-chat excelsior vestments.

> > Certains Swiss sprechen già rumantsch que ressemble a bisschen à
> > l'Europanto.

Certain Swiss springing guys romantically queue up to resemble a bitchin' a
la European.

> > ABER JE SUGGERISCO NOUS LAISSONS CADERE L'ANGLAIS ZU RENDERE
> > L'EUROPANTO UNVERSTANDLICH AUX AMERICANI. C'EST PIÙ LUSTIG.

Ably he suggested now a liaison caddy in Los Angeles Zoo roundup
Europe-pants unforgivably faux-American.  Zest for the lust-pig.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,