[extropy-chat] Europanto

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Jan 12 17:36:54 UTC 2004

Spike translates ...

> > Europanto ist 42% English,
> > 38% French, 15% le rest van de UE tonguen und 5% mixed fantasia
> > mots out from Latin, unlikely-old-Greek et mucho rude
> > Italian jurones.

> Europanto is 42% English, 38% French, 15% all the rest
> of the European Union languages and the remaining 5%
> those who think they are speaking Latin, Greek and
> vulgar Italian...jurones (?)

> Testacles?  (?)

> Estropico, how close did I get?

Very close. But I would translate that " 5% mixed fantasia mots ..."
with "5% a potpourri of terms from Latin, improbable ancient Greek
and hard Italian expressions".

"Jurones" you mean, eh? They are amimals in Spain (dunno what kind
of animals, something like wild cats or so). But, as we use to say
in Europanto, si tu want expresse seine maxime disappointement
por eine mishandled operatione, parbleu, for sure you can say: "jurones!".

seraphinus